I love a good curry. And I am by no means a Asian cuisine Queen, but this was beautiful.
Chunks of paneer coated in chickpeas and spinach with a smooth and tasty curry base.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes (68p)
- 300g paneer (£2)
- 400g spinach (45p)
- 400g tin of chickpeas (34p)
- 4 tbsp Masala paste (approx 20p)
- Seasonings and spices; garlic powder, pepper, salt, turmeric, chilli powder, paprika
- 300g rice (preferably pilau) (30p)
- Start by heating your chopped tomatoes, Masala paste and seasonings in a heavy based pan on a medium heat. Allow this to simmer. Once the spices have heated through, I set my pan aside to cool, once it’s cooled, blend the curry base and reset the pan to the hob.
- Grill the paneer on a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, I like to get mine a golden brown because it adds great texture.
- Add the spinach and drained chickpeas to the curry base. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Add the paneer.
- Allow the curry to cook for as long as you can wait, the longer a curry cooks for, the better the taste.
- Before you’re ready to eat, cook the rice and get your tastebuds watering!
Total cost: £3.97
Cost per serve: 99p