Everyone loves a traditional, chewy, chocolatey cookie.
Treat yourself today and bake these simple but delicious treats.
Ingredients (makes 10/12 cookies):
- 120g melted or softened butter
- 75g caster sugar & 75g demerara sugar (or 150g of one if you don’t have the other)
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 100g chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 160oC. Line a baking tray with baking parchment or a small amount of butter.
- Mix together the melted (or softened) butter (melted is better as it’s easier to mix all the ingredients and it gives a smoother consistency and chewy texture), sugar, golden syrup and vanilla extract to a smooth consistency.
- Slowly add the flour, egg and chocolate chips or chunks. Mix this slowly into the mixture,!being careful not to add too much air into the process.
- Once your cookie mixture is coming together, and forming a slight dough, it’s ready to place on your baking tray. Use a tablespoon for equal measuring of the cookie portions. Make sure you leave space between them as they will expand.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool (or if you can’t wait, dive straight in) and eat with a glass of cold milk (the American way) or with a cup of Yorkshire tea (the correct British way).