Halloween cooking is my favourite, anything from pumpkin soup to pumpkin pie, sweets to stews! This is one of my favourites, so tuck in to one scrummy pumpkin masterpiece.
- 1 small pumpkin*
- 200g light brown sugar*
- 200g self raising flour
- 175g margarine or butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ginger
* Instead of these you could use a tin of pumpkin mix
- Line a 15cm by 20cm tray, and preheat the oven to 160oC.
- Simmer your pumpkin, spices and sugar on a low heat for about 5 mins, or until the pumpkin is cooked. Allow the mixture to cool for 30 minutes, then blend to a smooth paste.
- Using the all in one method, mix the eggs, flour and butter to a good batter.
- Slowly add the pumpkin mixture to the batter and combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool. You will find the mixture dense and creamy textured, similar to a brownie.
- Add some whipped cream, or icing, or leave them plain. Enjoy!