Jumper season is upon us here in the U.K. So here’s a tasty soup to cuddle up with under your favourite cosy blanket.
You will need:
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger (you could use fresh)
- 2 cloves of garlic/ 2 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp fresh or dry rosemary
- 1 tsp chilli powder (if desired)
- 1 large butternut squash
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 tbsp oil (vegetable is best)
- 500ml vegetable stock
How to make the soup:
- Cut all your vegetables into cubes, it doesn’t have to be especially neat- because as we all know – the best thing about a soup is the flavour and the blending!
- Fry the onion and garlic on a medium heat until it starts to soften, add the butternut squash and sweet potatoes and for a few minutes, or until they start to soften around the edges. Add the herbs and spices and get for a few more minutes, making sure they fully cover and infuse the vegetables.
- Add the stock slowly and stir. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes. And then reduce the rear to simmer for half an hour.
- Blend to your hearts content, or eat it as it is. For a richer taste, add some more paprika, and a swirl of cream.