A tasty, flavourful and quick meal. Full of greens and a good super-food fish.
You will need(for 2):
- 160g smoked salmon, in strips or small pieces (2/3cm)
- 1 courgette, in ribbons or thin slices
- 160g spinach
- 200g pasta, your choice which variety
- 25g margarine or butter
- 25g flour
- 200ml milk
- Dried thyme, dill/parsley, salt and pepper
Making the, 10 minute, meal:
- Put the pasta on to boil. Meanwhile, make a roux with the margarine and flour, then a white sauce. Flavour with the herbs and seasoning.
- My courgette was a little too thickly cut so I gave it five minutes. I would usually put the spinach and courgette in at the same time, about three minutes before serving.
- Then add the smoked salmon last so it will sear slightly and hold its lightly smoked flavour throughout the dish.
- Stir in the pasta and serve!