A classic dish with flavour and comfort, and a splash of brandy in this case.
You will need (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 small onions, diced (or 4 shallots)
- 300g variety of mushrooms (I used portobello, button, chesnut and Chinese), sliced
- 150ml/g soured cream
- 400ml chicken stock
- 50ml brandy
- 3 tsp dried parsley/ a handful of fresh, chopped small
- 3 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Basmati rice (300g ish/ 1 big cup full)
- 20g butter
- 2 tbsp oil (vegetable if possible)
Making the dish:
- Put the rice into a pan and add two large cups of boiling water and a knob of butter.
- Meanwhile, begin pan frying the chicken and onion. Once cooked add the mushrooms.
- Add the brandy, herbs and spices and mix in for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and soured cream and allow to reduce on a low heat. Meanwhile, boil the rice.
- Once reduced and cooked, serve immediately with a side of vegetables or on its own.