My sisters boyfriend makes the most amazing millionaires caramel shortbread I have ever tasted. Here is the tasty recipe so you can make yours.
You will need:
- 225g plain flour
- 325g butter, cut into cubes, 175g for the shortbread and 150g for the caramel
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 can of condensed milk (usually 397g)
- 100g golden syrup
- 200g dark chocolate
- 50g white chocolate
Making Ben’s shortbread:
- Preheattheoven to 150oC/Gas2/300oF. Line a 23cm by 23cm baking tin, or a similar size.
- Mix the flour and butter (175g) together to form breadcrumbs. You can use a food processor if you prefer. Once combined, add the sugar and do the same, mixing it in well.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin and flatten it with a spoon. Pat it down with your knuckles to make sure it is properly flattened and even throughout the tin.
- Bake it for about 30/35 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool while you make the caramel.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup in a pan. Make sure you stir it occasionally while the butter melts.
- Increase the heat and allow it to boil while stirring. Once caramel has thickened and turned golden brown, set it aside to cool slightly. Pour it over the colder shortbread. Let it cool completely.
- Heat the dark chocolate in either a microwave or on a stove in a bowl above a pan of boiling water. Pour it over the cooled caramel.
- Heat the white chocolate and create a swirl effect. I went all out, modern art effect extreme.
- Once cooled, set and dried, cut into pieces.