Fancy something a bit different this Shrove Tuesday?
Try my twist on Canneloni with some tasty fillings.
8 pancakes (2 per person)
8 slices of ham
300g cheese, grated (I know it seems a lot but it’s worth it)
200g mushrooms, sliced
400g tinned tomatoes
Pinch of salt and pepper
1tsp dried parsley
1tsp dried oregano
Making the dish:
- Once you have cooked your pancakes leave them to cool in a pile for about five minutes. This will make rolling easier.
- Place a slice of ham on the pancake.
- Add approximately 30g of grated cheese.
- Next, add a few slices of mushroom to the rolling end of the pancake.
- Holding the mushrooms in place, roll up the pancake so it makes a Canneloni effect. Put in an oven dish.
- Meanwhile, simmer the tomatoes on a low heat with the seasoning and herbs.
- Put this on the rolled pancakes and add a little cheese to them.
- Bake in the oven at around 150oC for around 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and browned.