In need of a quick dinner tonight? Look no further. This tasty chicken dish will take twenty minutes to make, and goes with just about anything from a fresh salad, pasta, sweet potato or even a rice dish.
You will need (serves 4):
4 chicken breasts
1tbsp vegetable or olive oil
2 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
1 small red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, or 1tsp dried garlic
2tsp dried oregano or basil
Pinch of salt
1 chicken stock cube, or 1tbsp chicken granules
Making the dish:
- Cook the chicken breasts in the oven at 200oC for approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in a tablespoon of vegetable or olive oil, with the herbs and garlic.
- Once the onion is browning slightly, add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and stock cube.
- Simmer on a low heat for approximately ten minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. Stir in the chicken and serve. Alternatively at this stage you could put th chicken into a slow cooker and adhere to their guidelines.
- Enjoy! We are ours with jacket potatoes and green beans.