This is a tasty dish bursting with Cuban flavours, and it has an earthy Italian heart.
You will need (serves 6):
- 24 meatballs
- 3 peppers, sliced thinly
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 600g pasta
- 1/2 tsp of parsley, oregano, garlic powder, ground pepper
- 1tsp smoked paprika
Making the dish:
- Bake or shallow fry the meatballs as per cooking instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the mixed peppers in a tablespoon of oil, I used vegetable. Add all the seasonings.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the peppers are softened and lightly charred. Add the chopped tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the dish and cook in the oven at 200oC for about fifteen minutes.
- While it is in the oven, boil the pasta. Serve the pasta with the meatballs and peppers on top.
- Enjoy 🙂