In need of a quick and easy meal for dinner tonight? Or a spot of lunch for now… Look no further. This ten minute meal is a culinary delight, if I may say so myself.
Firstly, you will need (per person):
7/8 slices chorizo, sliced into strips
A handful of cherry or vine tomatoes
Pinch of salt and pepper
Pinch of oregano
Making the meal:
- Bring some salted water to boil in a saucepan. Then add the pasta.
- After about five minutes, heat a frying pan. Add the strips of chorizo.
- Once the chorizo is starting to brown, add the tomatoes, make sure you push the chorizo to the edge of the pan to avoid it burning.
- When the tomatoes have softened, add three tablespoons of the pasta water to them to create a sauce effect to the dish. Next, add some rocket to the tomatoes and allow to wilt as you stir it through.
- Once cooked, check pasta and drain. Pour the pasta into the frying pan and serve.
You can also add more rocket to the dish to make it more peppery and balance the spicy, sweet, saltiness of the chorizo.