Basa is a type of catfish from Indochina, South East Asia. It is commonly called as “basa fish” and is know quite commonly found on sale in the UK.
Tonight I ate it with a tomato sauce, mashed sweet potato and broccoli.
You will need:
2 basa fillets
400g chopped tomatoes
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of parsley
350g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
8 broccoli florets
Pinch of salt and pepper
Making the meal:
- Put the cubed sweet potato in a pan with boiling water just covering them, cook for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, simmer the tomatoes with the herbs in a frying pan.
- Once it has heated through, place the fillets of fish on top of the sauce.
- While the fish cooks, steam the broccoli in a separate pan.
- After a few minutes, turn the fish over in the sauce. Cook for about two more minutes, or until the fish is white all over.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with the butter. Serve with the fish and vegetables.